It's A Dog's Life

Friday, June 09, 2006

I got to go in the car with Lindy this afternoon. It was pretty much fun. First we went over to one of Lindy's "client's" houses. I don't know what that means. But, while we were there I saw my friend Aspen. Aspen is a cool dog. Lindy likes her, and so do I.





Here is a swell picture of me and Aspen. Aspen is the big one.





Then we had to go to some other places. Mainly, I just waited in the car. As you can see, I am wearing my ONE wrist band. It's to end hunger for humans. Can you believe that there are humans who get even less food than I do, and I am only a little dog. That's not right. Even a dog can figure that out.

This is a picture of me wearing my ONE wristband. I used to wear the yellow one because I thought it was cool. I wear this one because it's important.

Lindy has a wristband like mine only she wears hers near her hand. She doesn’t have a nice vest like mine so she just has to make do as best she can I guess and wear it where she can.


Here is a picture of me and Lindy together with our ONE wristbands. Lindy doesn't like to hang her tongue out but I do.





You can be cool like me and Lindy if you go to THE ONE CAMPAIGN and push some buttons on your computer. As you can see, it's very important. Even famous humans are in it. That's because every three seconds a human being dies from AIDS or poverty. That's very bad. I am only a dog and even I can figure that out.

The dying of a lot of these humans can be prevented but I guess the humans don't want to do it. I watched the news and, from what I saw on that, it looks like protecting marriage is more important than keeping people from dying.

Be cool and get a wristband and wear it around to remind you to live with a consciousness of your (privileged) place in the world and your responsibility to care for and heal the world. You are a human, after all.

Love,

Rowan

2 Comments:

  • Hey Rowan, you snazzy guy, you!

    Thanks for highlighting The One Campaign. I just learned about The One Campaign from the Episcopal News Service this week, and now you are telling me how to take part. You are one cool dude! I have signed the One Campaign petition and ordered 10 white bands like yours. I'd've spent as much money for *one*, but if they insist on sending at least 10, I'll take ten. Wanda can wear one on her trip to Boulder.

    You have a picture of Wanda and Stretch and (deceased) Cagney. Wanda is the black and white cat. Yes, yes, I know, they are mere cats, but I love them anyway.

    Stretch has moved to Annie and Barbara's. They are friends of mine who love all kinds of animals, even cats. It makes me sad that Stretch and Wanda can't live with me anymore, but sometimes when good things happen, other things must change. Wanda is moving all the way to Boulder Colorado next week. She will live with my cousins, also world-famous animal lovers. I will take Wanda on an airplane to get her there! Won't that be an adventure? (Editor's note: EEEEK!)

    But now I live with Jill (a human, and a very nice one at that!) and Abby, a Shih Tzu. Maybe Lindy can introduce you to a Shih Tzu sometime. If you ever meet a Shih Tzu, especially a young one, you will understand why Stretch and Wanda wanted to move. They are just a little too old to play *that* much!

    So Jill and Abby and Wanda and I will be wearing our white bands, and remembering you and Lindy for your goodness. I'll make sure Stretch and Annie and Barbara get bands, too. Ten bands! That's a lot to share with others!

    Tell Lindy to give you a big hug from me! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:26 PM  

  • Hi Pat,

    Lindy gave me that big hug, and a nice treat too!

    Glad you like the ONE wristband. Be sure to check out the video! Lindy found it very moving.

    For the wristbands, you can give the other nine to your friends. That’s what me and Lindy do.

    I am glad you found nice homes for your pets. I didn’t always live with Lindy, you know. She adopted me from the shelter. So, second homes can be pretty good. I should know. Send us an updated family photo and I’ll get Lindy to put it on the blog.

    Hope you are staying out of the heat.

    Your snazzy canine friend,

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home