It's A Dog's Life

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Lindy clipped my toe nails today and I hated it. I yelped as loudly as I could. She is so hard headed sometimes, though. She just kept right on clipping as if I weren't making a sound at all. So aggravating.

To make up for it, she took me to the lake.




Here is a picture of me getting my red ball out of the lake. Lindy enjoys throwing it in there.





Here is another picture of me trying to get the ball to stay in my mouth. I finally just wrestled it to the ground. In both these photos, Lindy was proud of me. She said so.


After that I had another big adventure called a bath. At first Lindy made it sound like fun. But, I was scared at first. To take a bath, you have to get into the bath tub which is really awful. It has water in it and, unless you stay in this one special little place, it's real slippery. I didn't like it at all. Lindy kept saying, "tranquille pero... con calma... con calma" Yeah right... Like it's going to make it any better to say it in Spanish.

After a little while, though, I started to kind of like it. I do have some special soap. Samantha and Margaret are friends of mine, I've been over to their house and everything. They gave me the special soap which is pretty neat. And after it lathers up real good, it's kind of like being petted. I especially liked the drying off part. It felt good and by then I wasn't scared at all any more. I like stuff that feels good.

After the bath, Lindy put some of my dog perfume on me. Oh when will she ever learn... I really hate that

When the whole ordeal was over, Lindy gave me a treat and let me rest on the couch. She explained that sometimes guardians have to do things that are good for their dogs even if the dogs can't see the merits of it. She said that her Guardian does that sometimes and that she understands how hard it is to believe that everything really is working out for her good. I guess I do trust Lindy. I am just a little mad with her right now.







Here is a picture of me resting on the couch.




Lindy knows that I am mad with her about the toe nail clipping and the dog perfume and everything. She's just so convinced, though, that these things are good for me. It's no use complaining much. This is just her way... Her own wacky way. I love her anyway.

So, don't let yourself get burdened down with excessive personal grooming.

Love,

Rowan

4 Comments:

  • For Rowan's friends who want to bathe in wonderful doggie soap, please visit the site where we purchased his (and his guardian's) gift(s): www.sunfortunesoap.com . Not only does this Texas soap maker have great doggie products, she has great products for humans too!

    Samantha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 PM  

  • Yes, it's true... my guardian uses the Lemon Parsley Fig lotion and powder. She likes it. She would probably have more dog friends if she rubbed herself in steak and chicken instead but hey... whadda ya gonna do?

    So, even if you prefer other smells, tell your guardian about sunfortunesoap.com because they have some nice human smells.

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 9:23 PM  

  • Hi Rowan,

    I read your most recent blog entry to Abby. She doesn't like getting her pawicure either, and just like you she is ambivalent about baths. She likes a bath at home with her guardian better than a bath at the groomer's though.
    Once she's out of the tub and half dried off, she loves a romp in Arizona sunshine. She'd roll all over the grass or race through the sand box, flinging grains of sand every which way, if her guardian allowed it. But her guardian is a well-meaning old poop, too. All that's allowed is a fresh prance up the street and back to show off.
    Stretch and Wanda,those rascally cats you'd like to exercise, send their regards. They are displaced by home renovations right now. Wanda is staying with Abby and her guardian, and Stretch is staying with Aunt Marge whom Lindy knows from The LGBT Anglican Community. Stretch is having the time of his life with Aunt Marge's wonderful menagerie!
    I am having fun staying with Abby's guardian, too. Heh, heh, heh! Her name is Jill, and I think I sent Lindy a picture of Abby and Jill before.
    Thanks, Rowan, and thank Lindy, too, for keeping us up to date on your adventures! You are looking good in those new pix!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 AM  

  • Oh Pat, I wish I could romp in the Arizona sunshine. I imagine it is quite different from the regular kind we get here in Texas. Lately it has been raining here. I fail to see why this precludes trips to the lake. It's a Lindy thing, I guess. Good luck with those house renovations, and give Stretch and Wanda and Abby my regards. And Lindy says HI to you and Marge.

    By Blogger Lindy, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home