It's A Dog's Life

Friday, September 23, 2005

I’ve had house guests all weekend. It’s all because of some gal named Rita, don’t know what that’s about. Anywhooo.

Scarlet has been here for a few days. I was really enjoying having her around too. She’s not as bad as I thought at first. We both love Lindy and that’s basis enough for friendship. I still think Scarlet is a little uppity. But, I imagine she finds me insufferably low-brow so it works out.


This is a photo of Scarlet trying to act all religious. So goody-goody. But, you can tell she's not really praying because, look carefully, eyes open...

On Friday Samantha came over. Her guardian was running away from Rita. Again, I don’t know if Rita is mad with them or if they made her mad or what… But, they came all the way up here. The good news is that Lindy bought extra treats for this occasion!

And very late last night -- Oh, joy of joys! -- my very best friend Buddy showed up and he brought one of the Marion Bobs with him. They were running from Rita too! That Rita must be one mean gal, I’ll tell you what, if Marion Bob is scared of her. But, I was just glad to see Buddy. Even though he didn’t get here until about two o’clock in the morning we still ran and jumped. I know Lindy was really proud of me about that too, especially when me and Buddy jumped on the couch at the same time while she was sitting on it. Lindy loved that. She said she felt like Marlin Perkins on the Wild Kingdom so I know she must have been thrilled. Buddy and I were so happy that we barked in joy to let everyone know how happy we were. Me and Buddy slept in the same room with Marion Bob, and I was in such a good mood I let Scarlet sleep in there too. Samantha slept with Lindy.


This is a photo of Buddy and one of the Marion Bobs I had a great time playing with Buddy. He's such a good jumper, much better than Lindy. Plus, Buddy is just cool. You can tell by looking.

Hope you are having a fun week too.

Love,

Rowan

2 Comments:

  • Hi Rowan,
    What an exciting time for you and Lindy. I'm happy you are enjoying having so much company. That Rita is a scary girl! I bet your friends, two-legged and four-legged, are grateful to you and Lindy for sanctuary from Rita.

    Stretch and Wanda want to see your blog every day now. They are disgusted with me for being a techno-idiot, but I found a digital picture of them with their old friend Cagney, who is now deceased. If you or Lindy can tell me how to upload a picture or email one, I'll send it.

    Wanda needs a lot of exercise--she's a *big* girl! You'd have a ball being her exercise coach!

    Thanks for being a savior for your friends!

    Pat
    Patinphx@yahoo.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:20 PM  

  • Well, look, Pat… I mean, I know how to do it and everything. But, that is the sort of little thing that I ask Lindy to handle for me.

    Me? I’m the idea man. I’m the one with vision. Lindy handles these day-to-day matters for me. I’ll have her email you.

    Love,

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home