It's A Dog's Life

Monday, October 22, 2007

My Fun Day of St. Francis

Once upon a time there was a very great dog named Saint Francis. He was true and good and he obeyed everything his guardian told him. That is why all us dogs get to have a special day of fun to honor his obedience.

I am glad that my fun day of celebrating the life of Saint Francis came before the time of my unfortunate quarantinement. This was one of the very last big times I had before my exile. Now that I'm grounded I am glad to have made the very most of all my fun days.

In this photo I am in my car, just waiting for Lindy.


Of course, one of the very first things I did on my great day of St. Francis was I climbed some trees.


In this series of photos you can see the ducks that I had to chase away from my lake area. In this first one you can see that they are starting to go away from me because they don't want to be caught by me.


I am really gaining on them in this shot.
See how scared they are?


And after it was all over, I shook the water out of my fur. There's something I love about a good shake. It's so great that I usually try to get up real close to Lindy before I do it so she can share in my joy. It's just one of the nice things I like to do to show her how much I love her.


Here are a couple of great shots of me at my great day. These are just miscellaneous shots. miscellaneous means that Lindy likes it but it doesn't mean anything.


One of the nice things about being a dog is if you are swimming along and you suddenly get thristy...

Hey, just stick out your tongue.
Works every time.

At the end of the day Lindy wrapped me in my car towel because I was wet and muddy. On the plus side, I smelled like dead fish.

In this shot Lindy is about to take me back home for a nap and some treats. It was a really swell Feast Day of St Francis, I'll tell you what. I hope you had a good time too.

Love,

Rowan

10 Comments:

  • We love St. Francis, too. We have a statue of him on our patio. The cardinals eat sunflower seeds out of his hand.

    I came by your window last night but you weren't there. I saw Lindy's car in the parking lot, so I assumed you and she were having some cuddle time in the living room. Your star looks real nice up in the window!

    The weather today made my spine arthritis act up real bad, so I'm sticking indoors as much as possible too. At least I have lots of nice doggie shirts and sweaters to stay warm!

    Your fluffy pal,
    Romie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 PM  

  • I sure am sorry that your old back is acting up Romeo. I know your guardian is taking good care of you but it still hurts probably. Me and Lindy will woof some prayers for you two, It's been a hard time I know.

    Love,

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 5:07 AM  

  • I'm happy for that you had a blast during this day Rowan! For the next St. Francis' day, I would be treating my dog for a day outside too! I'll probably take him to the beach to swim.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • Oh Rowan
    What a lovely display and you are my hero! I just love that photo of you in the car at the end of the St Francis celebration.

    I am barking at Nich to do another posting on my blog, but you know all about you men!

    MP has a nice display in your honour, too.

    By Blogger The Lady Mistabel, at 9:54 AM  

  • Hi, Rowan! Jasper says to give you his regards--and to tell you that the last time he drank lake water that I was cleaning carpets for days afterward...yuck.

    Hope the confinement isn't too terrible---but at least you have the wonderful Lindy to play with!

    Cheers,
    Doxy and Jasper

    By Blogger Wormwood's Doxy, at 10:34 AM  

  • Dear Rowan,

    I am afraid that I must inform you that you are just too darn cute.

    Looking at this photo of you has my heart leaping out of my chest.

    And blue really works for you!

    FranIam and Mr.BooBoo the Cat

    By Blogger Fran, at 5:56 PM  

  • Oh Misty, I hope you get a new blog post soon. Bark, bark, at Nich...

    Maybe Jasper should be careful around the lakes... Just a thought.

    And just let me woof out to FranIAm that, YES, it IS legal to be this cute. I can't help it anyway, Fran, this winning smile and everything just comes naturally.

    Love to all,

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 6:29 PM  

  • Hi Rowan,
    Those are great pictures!Lindy is a great photog!
    Frasier

    By Blogger Frasier, at 2:39 PM  

  • rowan boy, u had great swimming skills.

    By Blogger Urban Smoothie Read, at 8:48 AM  

  • You are so smart, Rowan! You can Climb Trees! I thought you needed Posables to do that.

    And you can swim, too. I am Afraid of the Water. I won't even go close to Sprinklers.

    Smelling like a Dead Fish is Cool. My breath Smells like Dead Fish a lot.

    By Blogger Grendel, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home