It's A Dog's Life

Monday, March 10, 2008

Lucky Me...

Because I have so many great blog friends and a couple of them tagged me for this very great meme.

What a meme is -- Well, it's kind of like Granemère Mimi, only instead of using i's you use e's. Otherwise, they are both great blog things.

In my meme I have to take all the letters of my middle name and tell you some fascinating fact about myself based on that letter.

But first I have to give you the rules:
  1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.
  2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).
  3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person (or blogger of another species) for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)
Lindy and I had a big discussion about what my middle name is. At first we thought it was THE because people call me ROWAN THE DOG. But right away neither of us could think of anything very interesting that starts with T. So, I suggested we use my real middle name, Douglas. I am named after Rowan Douglas Williams, you know.


So, here goes:

D - This is the first letter in DOG, which is what I am.
It is also the first letter in Do you want to go outside? Do you want to go in the car? Do you want a treat? Do you want to come up here? and lots of other questions.

O - This is one of the letters in the word fabulous which is also what I am.

U - U are the one who gives me pets and treats and I lick U and wag my tail for U.

G - This is the first letter in Guardian. Guardians are good. They make you to lie down on fluffy beds, they lead you beside interesting places with stuff to bark at, and take you on a good path to get home on. Also, if you get scared, your guardian will protect you so you don't have to be scared of anything. And they make sure that you have a nice place to eat your kibble.

L - This very important letter is for love. This is my main job. For more information see Grendel.

A - A stands for Archbishop. I am not a real archbishop I am just named after one. If I were a real archbishop I would already have made gravy a sacrament and I would make Christians be nicer.

S - S is the first letter in Star. I have a gold star near my chair and it means that I am a good and special dog, worthy of love and pets.


OK. That is all the letters in my middle name. I tag my friend Paul, neighborhood ruffian Romeo, and anyone else who wants to play.

7 Comments:

  • Thanks, buddy. What an honor. Done!

    By Blogger Paul, at 11:27 AM  

  • thanks for playing!

    By Blogger Diane M. Roth, at 5:49 AM  

  • did you know that scout did it, too?

    By Blogger Diane M. Roth, at 5:50 AM  

  • This is a fun post! I'm going to have a talk with mom about why I don't have a middle name!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 AM  

  • wow, thanks for the tag! i'm going to do my meme right now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 AM  

  • Come see what I almost got.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:42 PM  

  • Hi Rowan,

    It's been a while since I stopped by to leave a comment but we been reading whats going on.

    My middle name is MI...what can ya get out of that other than my favorite word...Mommy.

    I got me a new look to my bloggie..o hope you can come over & see ot.

    LOVE...Mona Mi

    By Blogger ♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥, at 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home