It's A Dog's Life

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

This is a picture of the deer that I played with this morning. It seems like a nice deer and, even though she could have run off, she kept coming back to play with me. Lindy said she'd never seen anything like it. She often misunderstands the animal kingdom though.


She is staring me down a little bit in this shot. I have to admit that she was a pretty formidable opponent.

In this shot she has doubled back around from the front of the house and is sneaking up on me. Very crafty. I was ready, though. As soon as she snorted, I took off running as fast as I could.

One time Lindy opened the gate in the fence which seperated me and the deer. I went out there and me and the deer romped around a little bit with Lindy but then I came back in because it wasn't as much fun when I knew that we might really hurt one another. The fence is what makes the game fun.

Plus, and don't say anything to Lindy about this, but Lindy smells like a human. I kinow she can't help it but it's still annoying. Sometimes Lindy tries to mask her human smell by using soap and powder but it really dosen't help much. Don't tell her I said anything about it. I wouldn't want to embarass her. I've noticed that the other humans have the same problem.


You can see that she is flipping her ears in this shot. I do that too.


I guess the thing I admire most about the deer, besides that she can run and jump as good as me, is that she has a really nice set of ears. I mean, you just don't see ears like that everyday.

I am real gald that I've been able to play at my Aunt Jeanne's and Uncle Ted's this week. I've done a real good job of keeping all the critters off the porch and making sure that The Ranch was secure. I even guarded the little lake when Lindy was in it.

I know that I am a good dog and that I did a good job becauseLindy tells me that a lot and it's pretty easy to learn the things you hear all the time.

I hope somebody is telling you good things about yourself all the time too.

Love,

Rowan

4 Comments:

  • Hey Rowan,

    Tell your Lindy that I have some soap and shampoo that takes away the human scent. Looks like you had fun. You are such a lukcy dog.

    By Blogger Rockstar Mom, at 8:24 AM  

  • I don't know how to break this to you Ms. Marrianne but you smell like a human too.

    Try rolling around on a dead fish. Works for me.

    Love,

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 3:56 PM  

  • Rowan, I see deer on my walks with Diane too, sometimes. SOMEONE in your family is a good photographer.

    By Blogger Diane M. Roth, at 7:29 PM  

  • Thanks Diane... I actually get some help with the photos from my guardian. She assists me with light administrative tasks and typing, plus she is kind of my techinical guru. Me? I'm the idea man. I'm more of a "big picture" kind of guy. Know what I mean?

    Thanks for writing.

    Your pal,

    Rowan

    By Blogger Lindy, at 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home