It's A Dog's Life

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I thought that all you blog friends might enjoy looking at more great pictures of me at the beach. This is the Surfside Beach. It's closest to where I live and I can get my guardian to take me down there most anytime. It's not as big as Matagorda Beach but I can run just as fast on it.

You can probably tell that I am going real fast in this shot.
See, all paws off the ground, like in flying!


Once again, going real fast.


And, just watching the waves.


Running AND licking my lips. Oh yeah, you can do it.


Doing a little prancing maneuver. Very regal, eh?


And, once again, very fast running.

At first, today, I thought that maybe I wasn't going to get to go to the beach because of, you know, working. With my guardian, I'll tell you what, it's always either working or sleeping. I don't know what I am going to do with her.

But, when I asked her about it, Lindy said, "Silly Rowan... it's my job to listen for God's laughter, and to laugh along. It IS my job to wait for the winds of freedom to open my heart and to shout out prayers of love to God. That's my real job, to see God everywhere and, because of Her, to love everything I see. "

So, I said, "Well, what about the typing?" And she just laughed.

7 Comments:

  • Now that's an Ash Wednesday approach I can believe in! Joyous Lent to you Rowan, and to dear Lindy too.

    By Blogger Paul, at 6:10 AM  

  • That beamish boy! No wonder he's so happy...he's got a beach, he's got his Lindy, and he has a rich spiritual life. It' doesn't get much better than that! And he knows how to spend Ash Wednesday with his guardian...enjoying life and being loved.

    Keep Lindy on task, now Rowan....good boy.

    By Blogger Catherine, at 6:32 AM  

  • Ah, Rowan!!! Listening for God's joy and laughter is so much easier with a dog to help! And you have the BEST face!

    By Blogger terri c, at 12:21 PM  

  • Whenever I see a dog running in the surf I receive it as clear evidence of God's reality and loving nature. Any dog at all. But of course more so if it is a dog I particularly love, who is especially handsome and grace-filled.

    Play on, Rowan. Love to you and Lindy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:37 PM  

  • Rowan, you make me love my doggies all the more. You are so special. Would you please give your guardian a great big thank you for me? I am so glad that she belongs to you.

    By Blogger Barbi Click, at 5:49 PM  

  • Was it Will Rogers who said, "If dogs don't go to heaven, I want to go wherever they are."?

    Rowan, you enjoy life so much that I want to be like you.

    By Blogger sharecropper, at 4:52 AM  

  • What inspirational photos! Thanks. I wish every dog had such a good owner--and such a huge beach to run on.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home