It's A Dog's Life

Saturday, October 03, 2009

I know you're all glad to know that I've been for a ride in the car almost every day. It's the best way for me to survey the diocese and make sure that there's lots of playing going on.

I urge you to play without ceasing. There are so many lovely forms that your playing can take that you're sure to find a way that's just right for you. Besides just running and barking, there's digging holes, jumping, and the specialized ministry of wiggling. Remember to be true to your own path, and wiggle once in awhile, and you'll be fine.

I wish you could all be here to rub my belly and give me treats. But, mainly so that we could all play together.

Your friend,
and the Bishop of Playing,

Rowan

4 Comments:

  • As a quite famous, English scriptwriter once said,
    "The play's the thing..."

    By Blogger MadPriest, at 1:42 AM  

  • Rowan, I'm going to try hard to do exactly what you say! "Play without ceasing!" there's something to look up to!

    Diane (& Scout) (who would play with you anytime)

    By Blogger Diane M. Roth, at 1:00 PM  

  • Dear Bishop Rowan, like Diane I am pledging myself to follow your guidance and PLAY WITHOUT CEASING.

    So glad to have a new foto of you carrying out your official duties.

    Hugs and Kisses coming your way from Baltimore.

    By Anonymous Mary Clara, at 9:33 PM  

  • Dear +Rowan,

    WORD! You are the wise one. We silly bipeds just don't get it. I am going to come back and read this beautiful epistle often.

    Love,

    Jane (and your feline sister +Maya)

    By Blogger Jane R, at 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home