It's A Dog's Life

Thursday, April 16, 2009

That man looks real nice, dosen't he? His name is George. Look how gently he is giving pets. A real soft touch, I'll bet.

And that little puppy is our beautiful Scout. It's hard to believe that Scout was that little once, isn't it? But, things change.

Scout's life changed this week. Her friend George had his last day. That means that he is gone from Earth. The Last Day, I think, is harder on those of us left behind than on the ones who go.

Please say some prayers for Scout and her family so that maybe they won't feel so sad, and that they will have hope in the time when we are all up in Heaven together. You can pray to either Jesus or Mary, or even one of the brighter saints... just someone who will know what Scout and her family need will help them.

Pray especially for the humans. They are so fragile, you know. And they need all the love that God and Dog can muster.

And, while you're down on your nobby human knees, pray for one another. Give thanks for the life that we all share on this Earth, for our connection to one another and to God, and pray that we can all live and play gently like George.

Love,

Rowan

4 Comments:

  • I am weeping as I read these lovely words.

    By Blogger Fran, at 6:36 PM  

  • Rowan, my human told me about George and Scout. Tell Scout woof for me. My human is better at prayer than I am, but I'm better at making everybody feel better. Izzie

    By Blogger motheramelia, at 5:44 PM  

  • I will cross my paws fur Scout and her family :)
    Big licks to you
    Suzuki
    xxx

    By Blogger Suzuki, at 9:47 PM  

  • Those are beautiful words, Rowan. And we can tell George was a beautiful person. What lovely hands he had. As for Scout, he was one cute puppy. Not that we are surprised.

    Peace and love,

    By Anonymous +Maya Pavlova and Jane, at 12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home