It's A Dog's Life

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Grendel Did It Again

As most of you know already, Grendel is the official poet laureate of It's A Dog's Life. I felt really happy when Grendel agreed to be an official part of my blog, I'll tell you what. It's a real honor for me. But, I never knew just how brilliant a misanthropic dog could be.

Once again Grendel presents us with a great poem...


My Friend Rowan's Free at Last
All the Quarantine is Past
Now we all will Have a Blast
Quarantine is Over.

Rowan's free to Come and Go
In the Rain and in the Snow
He can Play with Romeo!
Quarantine is Over.

His Mom Lindy's awfully glad
Being Cooped Up's awfully Bad
Worstest Time they Ever Had
But Quarantine is Over!

Let the Doggy Revels Start!
Let all Dogs of Stalwart Heart
Gather Now and Never Part
Quarantine is Over!

5 Comments:

  • Wow, what a great poem! indeed. We bow to Grendel's greatness over here.

    Scout doesn't write poetry ... at least not as far as I know.

    Grendel has captured the joy of the moment perfectly. I can hear the music and dancing!

    By Blogger Diane M. Roth, at 7:32 PM  

  • Wow. I didn't even know Grendel was a poet, much less that he was such a good one. What a nice poem to celebrate freedom!

    By Blogger Paul, at 10:45 PM  

  • Yes... Grendel is most definitely a rock star and worthy of much, much gravy.

    By Blogger Lindy, at 11:28 PM  

  • Grendel's poem is great!

    I love all my dogblog-pals... Grendel, Scout and you Rowan. As much as I love you all, it was you Rowan who made my blogroll first.

    You will always be very special to me.

    By Blogger Fran, at 8:49 AM  

  • Dear Ms Fran,
    I feel real honored to have been your very first dog pal. Of course, those who are first merely pave the way for the true greatness of others so the best is yet to be!

    By Blogger Lindy, at 12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home